At Social Driver, our mantra is simple: the future is bright, all progress is social, and drivers make history. As one of the fastest growing digital agencies in the US, we partner with legendary brands, inspirational nonprofits and industry associations to launch game-changing websites and social media campaigns to reach customers in a whole new way. We use innovative tactics, such as hackathons, agile, open source, and crowdsourcing, to work on high impact, fast-moving projects. Our team is a cross functional group of experienced web developers, designers, marketing strategists and creatives.
This job is based in our lovely downtown Washington, DC office.
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for overseeing and implementing the full cycle for business development at Social Driver. This includes qualifying, responding to and following up with potential leads, identifying service offerings, leading and collaborating with senior executives and team leads to write deal winning proposals, and managing the deal all the way through this process to ensure it turns in a sale. The ideal candidate for this role has excellent writing abilities and oral presentation skills while still being organized to track and manage many deals at once through this entire process.
As a part of this position, you will provide the following:
- Writing deal winning proposals, sales memos and RFP responses. Leading this process and collaborating with senior executives and team leads on offerings, pricing, scopes of work and timelines.
- Managing inbound leads and qualifying opportunities. Conducting calls with potential leads to determine if they qualify for our services and asking excellent questions to ensure we understand their needs.
- Conducting calls and in-person meetings with leads to identify solutions and service offerings. Presenting at these meetings, asking questions, taking notes and following up immediately afterwards with next steps.
- Developing a strong understanding of our offerings and capabilities.
- Overseeing the correspondence for business development. Constantly making sure to follow up with deals and leads.
- Working with Project and Account Managers to manage renewals and new deals for current clients.
- Overseeing the administration of our Sales CRM (e.g. logging activities, updating entries, adding/updating contacts).
- Overseeing scheduling for business development (e.g. emailing, calendar invitations, tracking deadlines, recurring meetings and due dates, confirming appointments).
- Working with the Vice President of Operations and team leads at Social Driver to continuously improve Business Development processes and strategies.
Other Requirements and Skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written skills.
- Excellent oral presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, process oriented and driven to conduct excellent follow up.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- 2+ years agency experience.
- 2+ years experience with sales CRM.
- Understanding of Wordpress, Drupal, Video and/or social media.
- Certification in Wordpress, Drupal, Video and/or social media.