Social Driver is a digital agency, trusted by the world's leading corporations and nonprofit organizations for social media, websites, and digital marketing. We are focused on providing strategic solutions that are based on experience working with almost 300 clients in 13 sectors, world-class expertise and capabilities in digital and social media, and a culture of long-term client partnerships — that’s why our tagline is Experience Digital With Us.
Social Driver is headquartered in Washington, DC with additional teams in Bellingham, WA, Chicago, IL, and Kansas City, MO. Our company mantra captures our mission, culture and values: “we believe the future is bright, all progress is social, and the drivers make history.” We aim to provide our clients with digital solutions that help them meet their goals and, through that work, make an impact for a brighter future. Our vision is “to be the trusted digital agency partner with all of the strategies and creative to connect with people today.”
About this position:
In this role you will manage all people and HR functions including recruitment, on-boarding of new hires, benefits administration, terminations and offboarding. You will be the first person our team members come to in regards to anything from payroll to software needs. You are a champion of people and pride yourself on getting folks the answers they need as soon as possible. You can pivot from running payroll to helping a team member in need, to working on an update to our onboarding processes. You are Social Driver’s main “people person.”
- Be the go-to person for our people. You will be the first person candidates meet, you will onboard all new hires and will be the first line of communication for all team member needs whether it is payroll oriented or culture.
- Manage employee recruiting and screening. You will manage the workflow of new positions, screen candidates, conduct phone screens and participate with the hiring manager in interviews.
- Manage onboarding and support ongoing training initiatives. We pride ourselves on our onboarding process. You will make sure the new team member receives constant communication, a training guide and a complete onboarding schedule. You will manage this process to ensure a seamless onboarding experience. You will also support ongoing training initiatives and programs.
- Manage terminations. Sometimes folks leave. We try and make sure they don’t, but if it happens, we get it, and we make sure the team member has a smooth transition and the company has what it needs.
- Benefit administration. Managing our benefits, assisting with healthcare renewals, managing open enrollment.
- Payroll and 401k Administration. You will process bi-weekly payroll and track upcoming payroll changes throughout the year. You will also input individual 401k earnings.
- Maintain our Human Resources System BambooHR. Keeping personnel records up to date, making sure paperwork is filed and changes are documented.
- Manage Office Locations and maintain inventories. We have multiple office locations throughout the country and we want to ensure our team members are set up for success by having an office when they need it and updated devices and software.
- Manage our BOLT Culture Committee. Working with our people on so much more than happy hours and get-togethers, this group also handles real people needs and challenges that may come up.
- Manage events and rewards. You are always willing to roll up your sleeves to host a happy hour, have fun and show some appreciation to folks. You also have a passion for giving gifts, rewarding and recognizing team members.
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Extremely people oriented. You enjoy working with people, collaborating and helping folks with what they need.
- Very responsive. Able to pivot from task to task based on what the team needs. You are good at multitasking, but can also focus when needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You will be leading team meetings and creating presentations.
- Superior organizational skills and time management. You will be busy and sometimes priorities shift.
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Slack and Asana or another Project Management tool (Basecamp, Trello)
How to Apply:
Apply online with your resume and a cover letter that outlines how you would be a great fit for the position.